foodNow 2012 – August 25th
If you’re looking for something special to do this weekend, consider attending or volunteering at foodNow.
“foodNow, an all-volunteer gala provides a creative approach to raising awareness and funding for local, healthier eating in Greater Kansas City. Local farmers and local chefs come together to bring a unique local food experience to the West Bottoms, “the original Kansas City”, where the roots of agriculture in the Midwest began.
Proceeds from the gala go to 501(c)(3) not-for-profits working for local, healthier eating. This year’s beneficiaries are The Food Conservancy, Greater Kansas City Food Policy Coalition, and Dream Factory of Greater Kansas City“
- Date: Saturday, August 25, 2012
- Time: 6:30 pm Reception and Silent Auction
- 8:00 pm Dinner in the Street
- Place: Historic 12th Street Bridge
- 1200 W. 12th ST. KC, MO 64102
- Price: $125 Single/$1000 Table of Eight
- The amount of the $125 contribution for the event that is deductible for federal tax purposes is $85. Our good faith estimate of the value of your dinner and drinks for the evening is $40
- Details: Garden Party Attire / Rain Option-Covered Site
- Directions: From the downtown loop, take the 12th Street exit west and follow the signs to foodNow parking
- Reserve a Seat
- Slow Food Kansas City is a proud sponsor of foodNow. Hope to see some of our members there!