How to Join
Becoming a Member:
Slow Food USA is part of Slow Food International, an eco-gastronomic non-profit organization of more than 83,000 members worldwide. With over
16,000 members, Slow Food USA oversees activities in the US, including nationally run programs and the support and promotion of the 200
local chapters that carry out the Slow Food mission in their communities. Chapters offer educational events and activities to promote sustainability and biodiversity and connect farmers, cooks, educators, students and everyone else who cares about their food and the environment.
Our members are involved in activities such as:
- Raising public awareness, improving access and encouraging the enjoyment of foods that are local, seasonal and sustainably grown
- Caring for the land and protecting biodiversity for today’s communities and future generations
- Performing educational outreach within their communities and working with children in schools and through public programs
- Identifying, promoting and protecting fruits, vegetables, grains, animal breeds,wild foods and cooking traditions at risk of disappearing
- Advocating for farmers and artisans who grow,produce,market,prepare and serve wholesome food
- Promoting the celebration of food as a cornerstone
- of pleasure, culture and community
How to Join
1. Complete the online form though Slow Food USA and pay by credit card. Be sure to choose Kansas City as your preferred chapter!